Saturday, July 04, 2009
BOOK OUT LE~!!! :D
Actually, I booked out over a week ago, but was lazy to come online and blog, or rather, I was too engrossed in watching anime and reading mangas to blog :P
Anyway, I dare say that this BMT is probably the slackest and costliest in the history of SAF. And it'll probably be the most unforgettable experience I've ever had. The reason? H1N1...
The first two days went on almost without any problems. It was only revealed to us on the second night that there was someone in our company who was suspected of having H1N1, and on the next day, it was confirmed that it was indeed the case. Apparently, that guy had gone to Butterfactory and got the virus there. At that point in time, I think the thing on the minds of most people there would be: "When are we going to book out? Will we be quarantined in Tekong?"
Not much was revealed to us over the next few days, and we just had to wait in our bunks everyday. The schedule for the last three days was basically this:
0600 - wake up
0630 - breakfast
0700 - sleep/wait for lunch
1200 - lunch
1230 - sleep/wait for dinner/talk/games
1730 - dinner
1800 - sleep/wait for night snack/talk
2030 - night snack
2100 - bathe/talk
2230 - sleep/wait for breakfast
So the three days were really super slack, because of our quarantine, all lectures were kinda cancelled. Even if there were lectures, either we can't be bothered to listen or the sergeants can't be bothered to talk. Rather than the physical pain that most people go through for BMT, what we go through is mental anguish. Only on the afternoon of last friday were we told that we could book out on that night, and it was only then that everyone heaved a sigh of relief. In fact, on that morning, I could see that some people had resigned to fate, expecting that we would be booking out on the week after, which is this tuesday/wednesday.
And the reason for it being the costliest PES E BMT is that, each of us were given around $400 worth of medication and tests. Each of us had to go through two swab tests, each costing around $180, and we were also given a box of Tamiflu, which costs around $35.
Anyway, I was posted to CMPB, so for the next two years I'll be a clerk there. life is gonna be boring, but I'll do my best!!
Met up with Mada, Irene and Mada's colleague just now. I'm starting to miss the times back in YJ again. Though the road was tough, it was much fun studying with them, as compared to what I'm living through now.
漆 @ 10:08 pm