Friday, May 15, 2009
Man, I've got so much things on my mind that I don't even know where should I start...
But what I'm going to say is going to be a little political, so click on the little red box on the top right hand corner if you don't agree with me.
Since morning, I've been pondering about this matter. Opening sg.yahoo.com, the first thing I noticed was "Calls grow for table-tennis chief to leave - Backlash over coaching saga". There's this feeling I cannot describe, sort of like a mixture of irritation and frustration. Why would such a good lady deserve this kind of treatment?
True. Her decisions last August may have been a little harsh and hasty. But from what I know of her, she may have been furious at that time and simply said what she really felt, just like the debate she had with the opposition in parliament a couple of years back.
Moreover, Liu Guodong (don't mix him up with me) did have a part to play in this saga for neglecting one of the players. Maybe I'm wrong, but somehow, having played table tennis for a couple of years, I think that the coach is very important in a table tennis match.
After MPS today, the few of us went out for supper again and we started talking about this incident and what Kevyn and Wilfred said really hit the jackpot. (Ok, now I forgot what they said exactly) But I agree with them on the part that some people may have political agenda and are using this saga to plant anti-government feelings within Singaporeans.
I remember before joining MPS, I was just like any other teenager, skeptical about what the government really does for the people. But seeing Ms Lee go the extra mile for all her residents changed my views. No matter how small the matter is, she will see that her residents' lives can be improved. And that has made me respect her a lot.
No matter what is the outcome of this incident, I sincerely hope that she can continue to be MP of NSS, for without her, I just find it different.
漆 @ 12:00 am