Friday, May 22, 2009
I knew today would make me feel nostalgic, but i didn't expect the feeling to be so overwhelming.
Went back to YJ for the 24th Student Leaders' Investiture and going back there should brought back a lot of good old memories. Although the surroundings were still familiar but everything felt so different. The J2s were missing, which means I could only see people from the new J1 batch, and seeing so many unfamiliar faces made me feel uneasy, as if I was unsure if I was in YJ.
The girls, Carmen, Shermaine, Jieying and Shikeen, were as crazy as ever, and as usual, I was the only one who was sane. By the time everyone had arrived, the ceremony was just about to start.
And from then onwards I got quite disappointed, cos everything was almost exactly the same as last year! Other than their standing position, everything was identical to the ceremony last year, from the speeches, handing over ceremony to their performance. The only thing that surprised me was that they changed the song this year, cos I had expected it to be the same as 2008 due to the prior items being the same.
It wasn't as good as I had expected but still, I shouldn't condemn the 24th because of that. Because we, the 22nd, had also made a slow start to our term in 2007, but gradually ended with a big bang. One thing I was glad about was that the two people that Jitao had mentioned to me previously was not in the EXCO. Hopefully, they'll have a good year ahead and bring YJC to greater heights!! :)
Sigh.. Tomorrow will be the day where exactly one year has passed since we stepped down. One year ago, I said that I'll miss 22nd, and till now I still do. Looks like I'm a rather sentimental person, huh? Haha
And I'm not sure if it was by pure coincidence or what, my parents decided to have dinner at Sumo House today, exactly the same place where 22nd had our "last supper" after the investiture last year. LOL
~~~
Okay, enough of sad stuff, life has to move on :)
"Sometimes, I have the urges to kill you"
This is how I feel sometimes, when people make some really wtf comments, like this morning. But after thinking about it, I guess it was also partly my fault.
So, to that person: I'm sorry.
(P.S. I don't really mean it when I say "kill")
漆 @ 9:29 pm