Thursday, March 05, 2009
Just got back from MPS today and I was very touched by what someone said to me after I've completed her case.
She only had some housing problems to settle, but after I heard about her financial situation, I decided to write more letters to help her apply for financial assistance. And it was this time that she told me she was very touched by what I have done. She said that she had visited us in September last year but the service she got was sub-standard and she had a bad impression of us. So she said that it was very kind of me to actually go out of the way to help her in her problems.
Ok, what I'm trying to say here is not about myself, but about what the lady said. Giving such encouragement to the person writing the appeal letters actually gives us more motivation to serve better. And with recent threats to MPs (ie YCK and Jalan Besar), this is a breath of fresh air for letter writers. After going through so many cases, this encouragement lets us know that what we have done is worth the effort, that at least the resident appreciates what we have done, even if the appeal fails. With that, we will look forward to continue serving residents in the future.
Actually, I had doubts over whether I should continue with MPS after I enter NS. But after what happened today, all my doubts are gone. I will stay on as lons as my schedule allows.
Ok, enough of MPS. Only 15 more hours till the release of A level results!! Everyone, GOOD LUCK!!:)
I LOVE MPS!!!:D
漆 @ 11:15 pm