Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Decided to change my blogskin again cos the previous one really doesnt't suit me. Was looking around the net when i chanced upon this, and it reminded me of what Jolene called me a few days ago - a lone ranger.

I find that term really suits me a lot, cos i usually prefer to be alone. Up till now, I've realised I complete tasks better when I'm doing it by myself. Even that day, when Sharon was with me for one of the cases at MPS, I couldn't write with the fluency that I usually have. And whenpreparing for A levels, I realised that I was able to complete the papers faster when I was studying alone, as compared to when studying with my friends.

Anyway, speaking of A levels, I was anxious to know at least when it will be released. There have been many rumours that it will be on 6 March even though the official date has not yet been released. So, I went to google it and fount this on stomp:

"The O level dust has settled... so guess what ~
The A level peeps will get their results in abt 1 months time!

Did some searching and chanced upon this list:
Over the years, the results are released on the following dates....

1996: 6 March Wednesday
1997: 6 March Thursday
1998: 6 March Friday
1999: 6 March Saturday
2000: 4 March Saturday
2001: 3 March Saturday
2002: 6 March Wednesday
2003: 6 March Thursday
2004: 5 March Friday
2005: 4 March Friday
2006: 1 March Wednesday
2007: 2 March Friday
2008: 7 March Friday

Some patterns spotted:
1. 7 March is the LATEST date on which the results are released. That is to say, results this year will probably be released before 7 March too.
2. 6 March used to be the most popular date in the 1990s.
3. The most recent trend is: results are released on Friday.
4. Results are always released in March. Duh.

My speculations:
Saturday is unlikely, especially since the civil service (read: schools) are now so into 5-day workweek.
And... the first Friday in March conveniently happens to be... 6th March!
Now that corroborates with points 1,2,3 and 4!
Note that this is pure speculation from a local education observer- no claims of confirmation made here."

From:http://talkback.stomp.com.sg/forums/showthread.php?t=51052&page=2

For now, we can only speculate cos MOE has not announced anything yet.

And there is something that I need to say here. I hate it when people say that I'll do well for A levels. So what if a person has done relatively well for prelims? It equates to nothing when it comes to A levels cos it's a totally different ball game.

In life, everything is very unpredictable. This is something that I have understood well in recent weeks...

漆 @ 3:03 pm

| 私 |

Guodong (Jelly!! :D)
18
1 December
ex-ATS 6J'02
ex-PHS 4GRACE'06
ex-YJC 206'08
ex-BMTC2ViperCoyPlatoon3Section2'09
BB 27th Singapore Coy
YJC 22nd SC


| 時間 |





| 友達 |

alvin
amy
candee
dawn
diyanah
esther
huiyin
jason
jieying
jill
jingxiang
jocelyn
jolene
madeline
melissa
puaykhee
rachael
ruiting
sarah
sharon
shujin
sherlyn
valene
wenyan
yanting
yvonne
zhexuan

YECs of AMK GRC and YCK SMC
SPARKLE ON NSS 2010 (Blog)
SPARKLE ON NSS 2010 (Facebook)
SPARKLE ON NSS 2010 (Twitter)
NSS Countdown 2009
Temasek Seminar 2007

| 声 |


VideoPlaylist
I made this video playlist at myflashfetish.com




| 著者 |
layout: conn*e